Yield: 8 quarts
Looking for a new chili recipe to bring to the next tailgate, party or chili competition? Look no further!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 pounds ground pork
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 6 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped (or 2 8-oz. cans tomatoes)
- 1 small can green chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 12-oz. cans Dr Pepper
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- Render fat from bacon (save fat from cooked bacon).
- Sauté all vegetables and garlic in rendered fat.
- Separately brown all beef and pork; drain excess fat.
- Add beef and pork into the sautéed vegetables.
- Reduce Dr Pepper by 50% by bringing to a boil and simmering until quantity is half.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for 1 to 2 hours.