Yield: 4 servings
Is it still a burger if it’s not a patty? We think so! Try this perfectly seasoned mix atop a warm bun with a spoonful of cool sour cream.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ pound mild pork sausage
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 ounces OR ½ cup Dr Pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 hamburger buns
- In 10-inch skillet, sauté ground beef, pork, onion, garlic and salt.
- Add parsley, marjoram, pineapple and Dr Pepper, mixing thoroughly with other ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream and heat uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Serve ⅓ cup hot meat mixture on each heated bun. Serve immediately.