Yield: 6 servings
Sweet, spicy and tangy, this make-ahead salad will wake up your taste buds and satisfy your hunger.
- 1 16-oz. can French cut green beans
- 1 16-oz. can cut yellow wax beans
- 1 16-oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup Dr Pepper
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Drain beans well.
- Separate thin onion slices into rings.
- Combine vinegar, oil, Dr Pepper, sugar, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously.
- Place drained vegetables and onion rings in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over them and toss lightly.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Let stand 24 hours, tossing together occasionally. Serve on lettuce leaf or bed of salad greens.