Yield: 4 servings
Make these craveable loaded burgers for your next college football viewing party. Inspired by #PepperPack ambassador Jason W. In partnership with Tasty.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup Dr Pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 toasted brioche buns
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Sliced tomato
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pour Dr Pepper into a small pot. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer until Dr Pepper starts to thicken and is reduced by about 80%.
- Arrange bacon on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Cook in oven for 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and brush bacon with reduced Dr Pepper. Place back in oven and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven, flip bacon, and brush other side with reduced Dr Pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until bacon is dark and shiny. Let bacon rest on a cooling rack while making the burgers.
- Mix ground beef with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 thin patties.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet with a small drizzle of vegetable oil. Cook patties until browned on the first side. Flip patties, and top each one with a slice of cheddar cheese. Cover pan with a lid, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Cheese should be melted and burgers cooked through.
- Spread a swipe of mayonnaise on the bottom brioche buns. Place burgers on bottom bun. Break 2 pieces of bacon in half and layer on top of each burger. Layer on red onion, lettuce, and tomato, followed by the top bun. Serve!