Yield: 18-20 servings
Roll up some Dr Pepper-marinated skirt steak taquitos. They’ll be a game-day menu MVP. In partnership with Tasty.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ cup Dr Pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 10 ounces cotija cheese
- 3 avocadoes
- 18-20 corn tortillas
- Cooking oil (vegetable or canola)
- Pico de gallo
- Additional cotija cheese
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, cumin, lime juice, Dr Pepper, and skirt steak in a gallon-sized bag. Seal and shake to combine, let the air out of the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight.
- After marinating, remove skirt steak from bag, and discard excess marinade. Grill meat until cooked through.
- Let meat rest for 10 minutes, then slice into small pieces.
- Heat ½-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on a plate for 30 seconds.
- Line up several pieces of meat, cotija, and avocado, then roll the tortilla tightly, but take care not to rip it.
- Place seam side down in oil, and once the bottom is golden brown, flip. Remove once both sides are crisp and golden.
- Top with a drizzle of crema, pico de gallo, chopped cilantro, guacamole, and cotija cheese.